Located just outside of Tallahassee on an 80-acre tree farm of southern pines and hardwoods, Lewiswood Farm is the perfect setting for a relaxing, rustic wedding away from the hustle and bustle of the city. You can actually see the stars out here! The spacious, 3,700-square-foot barn has heating and air conditioning and also features a beautiful side patio that's perfect for your cocktail hour.
One thing we love about Lewiswood Farm is the variety of ceremony options a couple can choose among: Unity Tree features a live oak in the center of a canopy of trees. Sunset Arbor boasts palms and a wooden arbor. Some wedding ceremonies even face the barn itself, which is also a nice backdrop. The most stunning, though, is the fairly recent addition of Isla Falls, a rock waterfall that serves as a beautiful backdrop for a wedding ceremony!
Our clients rave about the comfortable and functional bridal suite (our inside sources tell us there's a full bridal cottage on the way soon as well!), and how easy it is to work with Lewiswood Farm's owner, Debra. We enjoy working with her as well, and it's always a smooth process, whether we're sound checking our sound systems, installing a dance floor, or setting up a photo booth. There is also plenty of parking and we love that the lights inside can be dimmed as opposed to all on vs. all off (so we can help create the perfect ambience for dinner vs. dance floor party time). All in all, Lewiswood is an excellent choice for your wedding!
😊 Ceremony Area
😁 Reception Area
👰♀️ Bridal Suite
👍 Wheelchair Accessible
👏 Indoor Event Space
🌳 Outdoor Event Space
🚘 On-Site Parking
🪑 Chairs & Tables
👩🍳 Full Kitchen
😌 Liability Insurance
🪵 Fire Place
Lewiswood Farm's side patio is an excellent space for your cocktail hour. Pair it with the perfect chill playlist for your personality by reserving an extra sound system for that space or by choosing one or more of our talented live musicians, who can play anything from country to classical to jazz!
- Certain ceremony spots may require our Wireless PowerPack to ensure you don't have to run 100+ feet of not-so-appealing extension cord across a long distance. Exceptions include the rock waterfall, the ceremony site facing the pergola, and the option just outside of the front of the barn, but facing away from it.
- Speaking of the rock waterfall, did you know that the owner, Debra, has a remote that can not only turn on or off the water, but can change the volume of water that flows down from it? Pretty cool, and what we recommend is to have it on the lowest setting during the ceremony so it's not too loud, but then crank it up for photos!
- The best spot for the DJ in Lewiswood Farm is right in front of the fireplace, with the dance floor right in front of the DJ. If you're reserving that spot for the sweetheart table, the second best spot is the corner to the right of the fireplace with the dance floor as close as possible to the DJ's set-up. Another option that works really well is to have the DJ set up just in front of the barn doors with the dance floor just in front of that and the sweetheart table across the room in front of the fireplace. The only downside to this third option is that it makes it harder to have wedding party introductions through the barn door, but those can happen from one of the other entrances as well.
- Want to add an extra elegant touch? Consider reserving some of our Uplighting and focus it all on the back wall (on either side of the fireplace). You can choose any color to match your theme and it essentially turns that back wall into a stunning accent wall that only looks better and better as the night gets later and later.
- Our clients LOVE booking our Custom Monogram Lighting and placing it either on the barn doors or on the outside of the barn (which makes for quick the breathtaking photo).