Located on 63 oak-filled acres of natural North Florida in Tallahassee, Mission San Luis is a National Historic Landmark whose heritage as a Spanish mission from 1656 to 1704 showcases culture from both the Apalachee Native American tribe and Spanish immigrants from across the ocean. Its the site of a fascinating museum where your guests can actually tour the grounds of the Spaniards' westernmost military, religious, and administrative capital, and view 300-year-old artifacts excavated onsite.
As a wedding venue, Mission San Luis features an elegant banquet hall with ample space for most wedding sizes and vaulted ceilings, indoor and outdoor options for the ceremony (including the "portal" backdrop outside, so named because it is where you step from the modern world into the historic where old buildings, huts and other ancient artifacts have been unearthed and rebuild as replicas), and a dignified courtyard perfect for cocktail hour with its grassy space and fountain.
You'll wow your guests from the moment they pull into the venue and make their way through the museum and on to your wedding with the ultimate historic backdrop that is truly one-of-a-kind with 300 years in the making.
😊 Ceremony Area
😁 Reception Area
👍 Wheelchair Accessible
👏 Indoor Event Space
🌳 Outdoor Event Space
🚘 On-Site Parking
👩🍳 Full Kitchen
👮♂️ Security Included
😌 Liability Insurance
Most of our clients have three sound systems set up at Mission San Luis: one for the ceremony (either indoors or outdoors), one for the cocktail hour in the courtyard, and one for the reception inside the banquet hall. So be sure to account for those three locations when reserving your DJ package.
- Did you know that your venue booking with Mission San Luis includes free admission to the museum and grounds for all of your guests? What a fun pre-wedding activity that your guests will enjoy prior to the festivities! Out-of-town guests in particular (especially history buffs!) will be stunned by the artifacts and educational options throughout the property.
- Our live music offerings are popular here and perfectly accent the venue and its special uniqueness. You can book a string strio for your wedding ceremony, or a guitarist for your cocktail hour in the courtyard. Feel free to check out all of our live music options.
- Our Uplighting enhancement is incredibly popular at Mission San Luis with the most popular way of using it being to light up the far back wall like an accent wall with any color of your choosing. Check out our Uplighting gallery for some inspiration and examples.
- Custom Monogram Lighting is also very popular at Mission San Luis with the perfect open spot for a massive, attention-grabbing-yet-elegant, custom-designed projection. Be sure to check out some of our Custom Monogram Lighting examples!
- A dance floor is required by Mission San Luis since the banquet hall is carpet. But no worries, we have plenty of great dance floor options for any style or taste!
- Fun fact: Mission San Luis actually has a 125-seat theatre on-site and you are able to use it during your wedding day! We've created Story of Us videos and looped them in the theatre before and throughout the wedding, and it's just one more personalized way to entertain your wedding guests. Learn more about our Story of Us add-on and be sure to check out some of the video themes we offer.
- Will there be kids in attendance at your wedding? Sometimes it can be tough to know how to entertain them so the adults can enjoy themselves. Fortunately, Mission San Luis has classrooms that -- with our KidStation add-on -- provide the perfect option for helping kids have fun too!